3 Days Samburu camping Safari takes you through Samburu Game Reserve and Shaba Game reserve which is situated in the hot and arid fringes of Kenya’s vast Northern Frontier District. The area is home to the Samburu tribe, pastoral relatives of the Masai. Samburu Reserve as a safari destination has rugged and dramatic landscape; the Owasso Nyiro River runs along the southern boundary dividing Samburu Game Reserve and is home to crocodile and hippo with the many animals visiting to drink during the heat of the day. Samburu and Shaba safari may offer sighting of buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah and other plains game. Species of game unique to Samburu game reserve include the beisa oryx, the long necked Gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and the blue shanked Somali ostrich.
Safari Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu Safari/Shaba
Pick up from your Nairobi at 0700hrs and drive north to Samburu National Reserve to arrive at around 1300 hours in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for an afternoon game drive in the park famous as the place for the Samburu semi-nomadic tribesmen, the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy’s zebra gerenuk, beisa oryx and a host of the big game including elephant and lion. Dinner and overnight at your pre-booked Luxury Camp/Lodge in Samburu reserve.
Safari Day 2: Full Day Samburu Safari/shaba
Full day spent in Samburu with early morning and afternoon game drives in Samburu Game Reserve, which covers 40 square miles (104 square kilometers). Ololokwe Table Mountain forms a dramatic backdrop to our game viewing. Samburu is also home to the third of Kenya’s giraffe species – the rare Reticulated Giraffe (only found in the Northern parks). This is also where you see the blue-legged Somali Ostrich, the long-necked Gerenuk gazelle and the straight-horned Beisa Oryx antelope. Dinner and overnight at your pre-booked Luxury safari camp /Lodge in Samburu reserve.
Day 3: Samburu/shaba to Nairobi
Early Morning breakfast at your camp check out and drive to Nairobi arriving in time for lunch. End of Safari
*Prices are per person sharing based on 7 people in a vehicle*
Safari price Cost Includes:
- Transport on custom made 7 seater tour van/Landcruiser ideal for game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Accommodation in double/triple room.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes.
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Bottled water whilst on safari 1 litre per person per day.
- Start and end in Nairobi.
Tour Cost excludes:
- Beverages/Drinks/Sodas and other soft drinks.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in hotel
- Optional activities i.e. visit to masai village