Governors’ Camp is situated on the banks of the Mara River in the west of the Masai Mara National Reserve with views onto the open plains as well as onto the Mara River, Governors’ is a great option for a Masai Mara experience, in particular during the annual Migration!
Governors’ Camp was created in 1972, it set new standards in luxury as a tented camp, putting particular emphasis on comfort and service, complimented by excellent food, which would have been impossible in the bygone days. Maintaining these unique qualities as a tradition, the camp has been refined and improved through the years.
Accommodation and Meals
The Governors camp consist of 37 tents consisting of 24 twins and 12 double spacious and luxurious safari tents entirely under canvas, each with private verandah, en-suite bathrooms with shower, basin, flush toilet, bidet and hot and cold running water.
Highlights at Governors’ Camp
- Beautiful Mara river setting and plains views
- Highly trained and passionate guides
Authentic safari experience – one of the oldest camps in Kenya still in existence
- Wildebeest Migration viewing between roughly July and October
- Hot-air balloon rides, cultural visits and guided nature walks
- Romantic candlelit dinners in the forest or along the Mara
Closest Airport to Governors’ Camp :
Musiara Airstrip 2.0 KM
Closest Properties to Governors’ Camp
- Governors Il Moran Camp 1.24 KM
- Governors Private Camp 1.24 KM
- Little Governors Camp 1.73 KM
- Sentinel Mara Camp 2.57 KM
- Kichwa Tembo Camp 6.13 KM